Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dress A Day: What's The Big Idea?

Today is the first day of my Dress A Day project so I wanted to take a moment to explain how this crazy thing came to be. I have been reading a book that discusses gaining confidence. One of the things that the book recommends is going through your wardrobe and getting rid of anything that makes you feel less than fabulous. What a simple and glorious concept. I tried on almost all of my closet and got rid off a good percentage of my clothes. It was really quite liberating and I have really enjoyed dressing only in things that I find fabulous. I have always loved dresses. As a little girl I only wanted to wear dresses, as I grew up I fully embraced the functionality of pants and while dresses have always held a soft spot in my heart I can't say that I wear them on a regular basis. So I thought, what if I only wore dresses for a month? What if I wore all of my dresses one after the other? I resolved to do just that.

This year has been a year of great change and growth for me and we're only a third of the way in. Part of this growth and change has lead me to spend a lot of time with old friends, making new friends, and enjoying every moment of both. The fact that I plan on continuing doing these things paired with the fact that I will be wearing dresses for more than a month it only seemed natural to pair these things together on a grander scale. My mind was instantly in a flurry of all of the possible combinations of outings, people, and dress choices. It makes me giddy, really. So, I did it. I got on Facebook and created an event that lasts longer than a month and invited people in the Austin area with whom I'd like to spend time with.

All of this being said, I feel like I'm doing a gigantic trust fall. I basically told over a hundred people that I want to wear a dress and hang out with them. That is just a little ridiculous. However, I am ridiculous and must embrace and follow the ridiculous.

Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment