Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Visit

I am still being crashed upon with waves of creativity. This afternoon I was hit with an inspiration for a year long, very personal, but fun project. I was looking for a journal to write my first note on and stummbled upon a journal from a college class that had a hand written dictation of a conversation I had recorded with my grandfather just a couple of years before he passed away. I just melted. The timing was beautiful as I was listening to a Norah Jones cover of a Patsy Cline song. My grandfather loved Patsy Cline.

In the past 5 years I have lost four very special people, all within a year and a half period. I am quite the sentimentalist with the memory of an elephant (particularly when it comes to people I care about). This fact, mixed with things moving about in the universe brings me occassional moments of connection with people that I have loved and lost. I cherish these moments so much and they always surprise me when they come.

Todays moment struck me even more so. Here I was chasing my creativity, beyond my doubts, and then I stumble into this interview. Reading the interview I could hear his voice in my head, his enunciation, his diction and the way he expressed things he found interesting. It was like he was right here with me. I felt like it was a further encouragement from the universe to continue on with what I'm doing.

I plan to share some exceprts from the interview at some point because I love it so much and think there are things worth sharing with the world.  This was my grandfathers favorite Patsy Cline song.

No comments:

Post a Comment