Monday, April 4, 2011

The Prayer of a Child

When I was young my mother and I would say, "our prayers" every night. At the end of the childhood prayer I would say, "God bless, grandma and so-and-so, and so on." Well, one night after I had made a gigantically long list of people I would like for God to bless; I thought of a solution to the list. The next night I ended the prayer by saying, "God bless everyone in the whole wide world. Amen."

What a beautiful simple idea. My belief system has, of course, changed since then and it  continues  to grow and mold into something that fits my mind and heart. Even still, I love the idea of, "God bless everyone in the whole wide world. Amen." Why not send love and blessings into the world? I see all too often people who are passionate about their beliefs in hateful or condemning ways. Has hate or condemnation really brought a lot of good about in the world? I know I've never had the desire to get closer to someone who is full or hate and judgement; Why would these things draw me to a system of beliefs? I would much rather send love to everyone with the acceptance that I don't know it all.  

1 comment:

  1. I used to do that too! I also used to close with "I hope everyone in the world had a good day"

    <3
    r

    ReplyDelete